- What is the Paris Convention?
The Paris Convention, adopted in 1883, applies to industrial property in the widest sense, including patents, trademarks, industrial designs, utility models, service marks, trade names, geographical indications and the repression of unfair competition. This international agreement was the first major step taken to help creators ensure that their intellectual works were protected in other countries.
- What is the Madrid System?
The Madrid System is a convenient and cost-effective solution for registering and managing trademark worldwide. The Madrid System provides for a single application and payment of one set of fees to apply for international registration of trademarks in up to 117 countries. It also permissible to modify, renew or expand your global trademark portfolio through one centralized system.
- Is Indonesia a member of the Paris Convention, the Madrid System?
– Indonesia is a member of the Paris Convention since 1950, whereby applications from convention countries will be subject to the same priority date in Indonesia. The application for priority has to be made within six months of the first application in a convention country.
– Indonesia is a member of the Madrid Protocol. The Protocol enters into force for Indonesia on January 2, 2018, making Indonesia the 100th member of the Madrid Union. Starting January 2, local brand owners in Indonesia can file a single international application under the Madrid System to protect their marks in the territories of the System’s other members. Membership in the Madrid Union will offer Indonesian enterprises a straightforward path to new markets—including top export destinations like the United States, the European Union, China and Japan. Likewise, from early next year, foreign enterprises and brand owners can use the Madrid System to seek trademark protection for their products and services in Indonesia, a leader in the global marketplace and one of the top-five fastest growing G20 economies.
Indonesia is the eighth member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to join the Madrid Union, a move that further reinforces ASEAN’s goal of promoting technology transfer throughout the region and stimulating innovation through strengthened IP-rights cooperation.
Please click here to know the fee of trademark registration in Indonesia. Also, you can visit here to see the procedures and required documents for trademark registration in Indonesia.
Or sending your inquiry by filling the form:
- Trademark search in Indonesia
- Trademark registration in Indonesia
- The required documents
- The time frame of TM registration
- The fees of TM registration in Indonesia
- Trademark renewal in Indonesia